Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Death of Kevin Carter



This picture was taken by South African photojournalist Kevin Carter and won a pulitzer for the dramatic nature of the photograph. Carter was critisized by the public when it became known that he had done nothing to help the child after the picture was taken. Haunted by the horrific images from the Sudan, Carter committed suicide in 1994 soon after receiving the award. I believe that there is a documentary coming out about his personal story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I love to read blogs like that. BTW add some pics :)

Anonymous said...

Reolaagomobox
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/premenstrual-syndrome]premenstrual syndrome[/url]
merpigemiem